How did all start?

January 1st 2011, we were on our way to the temple when we started a discussion on being fit. One lead on to another and I said 'How nice it will be to run a marathon? ' One lead on to another and by 2 pm my son walks into a Nike store and got me a pair of running shoes!!!Now I am really stuck. All my life I have been telling my children about aiming high, look for the stars, setting goals which are seemingly impossible etc...
It is time, at 47 years, I have to say that I will do it
So I did - Save be GOD!!!!!
We came home, I googled - to look for an idiots guide to running marathon. Finally landed up in the California International Marathon Page (http://www.runcim.org/) Went into my calendar and marked December 4th, 2011 - for running the Sacramento Marathon.
Watched a movie and went to sleep...

Sunday, March 20, 2011

11th Week....

Probably a very positive week as for the first time I did a 6 mile and a 9 mile! I also ran 2 hours on the trail to complete the 9 miles. For the first time I saw flooding on the American River Trail! Lot of deer on the way. It was very stimulating. But I am giving up on trying to run fast for the 1/2 marathon. Instead I want to concentrate on being able to complete the run. I guess it will be a good preparation for the CIM.
It is amazing to see the timings of some of these runners! ( just over two hours for 26 miles!)

Now for the quote:
There are as many reasons for running as there are days in the year, years in my life. But mostly I run because I am an animal and a child, an artist and a saint. So, too, are you. Find your own play, your own self-renewing compulsion, and you will become the person you are meant to be. ~George Sheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment