How did all start?

January 1st 2011, we were on our way to the temple when we started a discussion on being fit. One lead on to another and I said 'How nice it will be to run a marathon? ' One lead on to another and by 2 pm my son walks into a Nike store and got me a pair of running shoes!!!Now I am really stuck. All my life I have been telling my children about aiming high, look for the stars, setting goals which are seemingly impossible etc...
It is time, at 47 years, I have to say that I will do it
So I did - Save be GOD!!!!!
We came home, I googled - to look for an idiots guide to running marathon. Finally landed up in the California International Marathon Page (http://www.runcim.org/) Went into my calendar and marked December 4th, 2011 - for running the Sacramento Marathon.
Watched a movie and went to sleep...

Sunday, May 8, 2011

18th LAZY week!

This week I have taken it light! Not good...
I only ran about 8 miles for the entire week. May be I am getting a little nervous about running the marathon! I did some reading on that and some research says that it is not necessarily a good thing to run the marathon. So let's see where God is going to lead me in the next several months.

Quote of the week:
Courage is not the lack of fear but the ability to face it."
---- Lt. John B. Putnam Jr. (1921-1944)

No comments:

Post a Comment