How did all start?

January 1st 2011, we were on our way to the temple when we started a discussion on being fit. One lead on to another and I said 'How nice it will be to run a marathon? ' One lead on to another and by 2 pm my son walks into a Nike store and got me a pair of running shoes!!!Now I am really stuck. All my life I have been telling my children about aiming high, look for the stars, setting goals which are seemingly impossible etc...
It is time, at 47 years, I have to say that I will do it
So I did - Save be GOD!!!!!
We came home, I googled - to look for an idiots guide to running marathon. Finally landed up in the California International Marathon Page (http://www.runcim.org/) Went into my calendar and marked December 4th, 2011 - for running the Sacramento Marathon.
Watched a movie and went to sleep...

Saturday, April 9, 2011

14th week....

I finally crossed a total of 200 miles this week - I think personally, it is a big achievement.
I also ran a 9 mile this week. My travel in between hampers training. But I have to learn to adjust. Speed is still not my forte.

When I was travelling I saw the movie 'Invictus'

So the quote of this week is going to be from that poem:

For the records:
"Invictus" is a short Victorian poem by the English poet William Ernest Henley (1849–1903).

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment